CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A few things from this week

Some things I am thankful for this week:

Tonight, Adam made cookies with the kids. Yummy cookies. Happy kids, happy husband, happy me. And I got to play the piano for a little while.

These are actually cookies I made a couple weeks ago-- pumpkin cookies--
also yummy-- which I happened to take pictures of.

I got to help out in the nursery for the second hour of church. They needed help and I was available and happy to oblige. You just can't help loving those cute kids (most of the time). I got to read the stories and it is so fun when they actually listen! Next week will be the first week when Adam and I could potentially go to two of three hours of church without kids. It is hard to believe it has come so fast and this time around I'm not so anxious for it. But I'm sure it will be good for all of us. After all, for a little girl, treats and stories and toys and other little kids is much more interesting than a room full of grown ups.

Our big boy is usually pretty good at church now and able to entertain himself at our bench, relatively quietly for most of the meeting with a few toys, books, etc. His imagination has grown so much in the last couple of months or so and that has been both very fun to watch and very liberating since it allows him to entertain himself much more.


I made a beautiful, big clock for our front room at Super Saturday. Thank you Gina! It should look lovely in the front room once we actually get batteries and hardware to hang it up.

We are finally all over our colds! Hurray! Hopefully it will last longer than last time.

The little one is talking up a storm. I love it! (I did a post about it on our other blog if you are interested.)


The world is beautiful with the trees in their brilliant array. Our aspen trees are a gorgeous yellow against the pure blue sky.

Adam and I finally went on another date! Yay! We had a great time, thank you Grandma and Grandpa. We had a lovely chat over dinner at the Olive Garden. And after that we went to Toys 'R' Us and browsed the selection without the kids. Looking at toys and imagining how much fun the kids (or we) would have with them was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment