CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Annie’s Princess Party

We have done so many blog worthy things in the last few months, I hope I can blog about them all, even if I don’t catch up on older things.

Annie turned 4 this April and she wanted to have a princess-kitty-doggy-flower-butterfly party.  I probably left something out of that list.  Pink is another thing she wanted a lot of.  I mostly focused on the princess idea.  She invited a just a few friends and her girl relatives that live close enough to come (she wanted only girls, except Hyrum).

We put up a cardboard castle that she got for Christmas in the front room for the kids to play in when they arrived.  DSC_8271

Next the girls each decorated a little crown.  I guess I should have expected it, but they crammed practically every single little gem I put out on their tiny little crowns.  Very sparkly!

DSC_8277

Then they used the crowns to play pin the crown on the princess.  After the game I taped their crowns to a strip of matching paper and made them into wearable tiaras.

DSC_8281

The girls (and Hyrum) played “Princess, princess, frog” (duck, duck, goose).DSC_8286

Then Annie opened presents.  She got a lot of fun princess things!

DSC_8291

DSC_8299And this polk-a-dot chair for her room.

It was a very busy week (we had just gotten back from a trip among other things) so I was very grateful that my Grandma made a pink cake for me.  It turned out much nicer than if I had made it I am sure.  I made butterflies to go on top from melted white baking chips.  It was a last minute effort that came together just in time thanks to help from my Grandma and sister.  Actually, the whole party was! : )

DSC_8303

After cake, ice cream, dipped strawberries and pink lemonade (yes it was over kill for 4-year-olds), we had time for one more activity.  We made ribbon rings for them to dance with.  They danced to music from the Nutcracker.  I would pause the music and tell them to freeze and then say something like, “This time, show me your best twirl!”  They had so much fun.  I think it was the highlight of the whole party.

DSC_8306

None of the pictures of the group turned out too well, but at least we can remember who was there.

DSC_8312DSC_8320

Me with my sisters (you can’t tell very well in this picture, but they’re both expecting!) with Annie in a brand new princess dress that is still a little big.

I took some pictures of some decorations later.

DSC_8343DSC_8358

DSC_8360DSC_8375

Happy 4th birthday to Annie!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You, your daughter and the party. What a great mommy you are. I'm glad we can at least keep up this way.

    ReplyDelete