Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Snow
Today was the first snow of the season! I got the kids all decked out in their snow gear to enjoy it once the snow started coming down thick and sticking to the grass. I wasn't able to find snow pants for Annie so I dressed her in three pairs of pants. They had a lot of fun and I was glad that Annie enjoyed it this time since it is her first experience with snow when she has been old enough to appreciate it. She did have some trouble balancing with her too-big-for-her, marshmallow coat and three pairs of pants. And every time she fell down her third pair of pants and knit gloves soaked up the wetness. Pretty soon the snow slowed way down, then turned to hail and then stopped. They still had fun scooping it up and piling it on one of their outdoor toys. And eventually they found the rocks and dirt under the deck and succeeded in getting their snow clothes filthy (Hyrum learned a new word. "What does filthy mean?"). But it was a fun welcoming of winter. The snow has already all melted and now it is coming down again in tiny flakes. You never know if it is here to stay or not. But we will do our best to enjoy it either way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment