There is so much to be grateful for. In the last few months I have noticed once more how beautiful our world is. The weather has been changing here and over several weeks we've seen what seems like a bit of three seasons. Hot weather, leaves changing color and falling to the ground, rain and snow. I've noticed that the world is truly beautiful in each of these states if I am looking for the beauty. The sun illuminates the green leaves and grass, giving them a translucent glow as they dance in the breeze; the rain brings out the richness of the fall colors, contrasted with the dark gray of the sky; and there is nothing like a blanket of pure white over the mountains and trees. God made us a beautiful world if we will only take the time to appreciate it. And it is always there for us to appreciate and to be reminded of God's love no matter where we are or what might not be going the way we want.
Today I went for a walk with our little one. As we strolled through the brisk fall air, I realized that the beauty in the world is not only in the eyes of the beholder, it is also in the ears and nose and all the senses as well as the mind and heart. This year, for instance, I realized when I felt the crispness in the air that had held off for a long time-- but that I hoped would hold off even longer-- that it made me feel alive. After being lulled by the warmth in my home, coming outside into the coolness (although it isn't freezing yet...) wakes me up and helps me notice the world around me. And as for the mind finding beauty, the more I learn about the world the more I am amazed and stand in awe at the wisdom of it's Creator. And this leads to a greater understanding of how much God must love us to have made this wonderful, incredible world for us to enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The world really is beautiful in all its different states. I like how you said the cold air makes you feel alive - that's a happy way to think of it. Maybe that will help me not mind the cold so much. :)
ReplyDelete