(I started this post on the first day of November...)
Since it is the month of November I thought that I should start posting on here about some of the things I am thankful for. Today I listened to President Monson's talk from our last General Conference called "The divine gift of gratitude." I highly recommend it. You can watch it here or read it here.
I am so grateful for our prophet. I was assigned to speak on the happiness that comes from following the prophet in church a few weeks ago, and while I already knew that happiness comes from following the prophet, studying the subject strengthened my testimony of that principle. It is amazing how many of Pres. Monson's recent talks are obviously teaching us to be happy-- which is what we all want-- and yet how often do we forget or neglect to follow those teachings? I also have come to know that living all of the commandments and principles of the gospel, not just the obvious ones like being grateful, brings true happiness. After all, God wants us to be eternally happy and that is why He gives us commandments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment