CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

On Christmas Eve last year, we kept with the usual family traditions (from my family).  Of course before that (and after) I'm sure we were busy with last minute preparations of all kinds, including making gifts.  But I didn't take pictures of that so I don't remember that too well.  Except the day before Christmas Eve, and part of the day before that, I spent most of the day making pop-up cards for ladies I visit teach.  I drew (traced after I drew the first one) and cut out each piece by hand (for 4 cards) and it took many hours more than I really had to spend on such a project.  This is the sort of thing I tend to do to myself when I get a "good" idea.  I didn't even do all the pieces I intended to do so it doesn't look that impressive.  But it convinced me that I really did want what Adam surprised me with as a late Christmas/anniversary gift-- a Cricket machine (plus the software to hopefully come up with my own designs to cut out... I haven't entirely figured out how to make that work smoothly, but I can at least download designs on the internet).

As I started to say, on Christmas Eve we went out to eat for an early dinner as is our family tradition.  We went to Sizzler as we tend to do because it is usually the only restaurant open.  This first picture is a really cute one.  Then there's one-- no two-- showing Hyrum's very long tongue which he is quite proud of.




After dinner at the restaurant we went to my parents' house for some more traditions.  We sang a few Christmas songs and acted out the Nativity scene.  This time, for the first time since we were little, we had children acting out the biggest parts.  Hyrum and Annie were Joseph and Mary and Aria was baby Jesus.
But before we got to that, Hyrum had a present he wanted to give Aria, and we thought he should give it to her before Christmas, because it was a Christmas hair bow.  He had seen it when we were together at the Festival of Trees and really, really wanted to get it so he could give it to her. 
Here are pictures from the Nativity.
Joseph


Mary
Hyrum was very concerned about the news that there was no room for Mary to stay when she was great with child.  Having children who are just starting to comprehend the scripture stories brings a fresh, new perspective for us who have heard them so many times.
The shepherds came to see the baby.

And then came the wise men (women).  Hyrum helped them find the way.










 
A few more cute pictures




1 comment:

  1. The Christmas card is beautiful! And I just love that picture of Aria and Grandma at Sizzler. :)

    ReplyDelete