I'm not really sure if there is anyone I know that reads this blog still, but just in case someone out there that would care doesn't already know... We are expecting a baby girl this spring. She is "due" late April/early May. So, not that I needed an excuse not to blog, but from about the end of August until almost Thanksgiving I was not feeling great. And oh, I am so grateful to feel better now! I really expected to feel better by Halloween, so the last few weeks were particularly hard. I guess a few years really make a difference! I felt better by 12 weeks with my first two pregnancies, but it took until 16 weeks this time. Of course, I am lucky enough to not be really sick, as in not throwing up, just not feeling great and some days are better than others. I am so glad I was still able to do a lot of good things and that I felt better emotionally this time than I did with my first two. Of course, my housework still was pretty neglected. And the ironic thing is that as soon as I felt better, I switched right to holiday, getting ready for Christmas mode, so I am just now starting to get back to the "normal" swing of things.
Here I am a few days before Christmas at 20 weeks looking barely pregnant (I think I looked bigger in real life, but maybe I was just hoping I did).
And here I am today at 22 weeks looking pregnant. This shirt is too big for me... maybe that is why I look bigger, but I do think I'm finally really looking it!
Today I took Annie to get her haircut. First we went to the doctor to see about her runny nose that has lasted for at least a month without other symptoms. Then we stopped at the salon, which is next to the pharmacy. We set an appointment for a little later and while we waited for both the prescription and the appointment, we had a doughnut from the bakery, which almost never happens in our family (we split one because Annie just had a sucker from the doctor's office). But still, Annie was so smiley and happy, especially during her haircut. I have cut her hair a few times at home. I've been wanting to get it done by someone who knows what they are doing for like... 2 years. It has taken so long for it to grow as much as it has, but I knew it would look better shorter, although I wasn't going to try to cut it short myself. And it does look so cute! What was especially cute was Annie beaming in the chair the whole time, just smiling away. It was a precious morning, especially when we were finally done with everything (we had to go back to get the prescription and wait some more) and Annie randomly told me she loves me when we were getting in the car and gave me a hug. I guess waiting so long for something makes it more special (I'm talking about the haircut she's been waiting many months for).
We are really excited to have another cute little girl! Annie is especially excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment