Here is a post I started a long time ago…
On Labor Day, I threw our third annual tea party in honor of my Grandma’s birthday. It has gotten more elaborate every year. Not elaborate like a lot of parties I have seen on certain other blogs, but pretty elaborate for me. I decided on a summer theme this year. I got most of my fun food ideas from the Family Fun website and others contributed a lot of fun and tasty food, too.
Deviled Egg boats Annie and my Grandma decorated these cute little fish snacks
![]()
![]()
![]()
My mom picked sunflowers from her yard for a lovely touch
Sweet oysters
I wanted some palm trees to emphasize the tropical idea I had in mind, so I made these out of green peppers and carrots. They didn’t hold up to the heat too well after a couple hours, but they were fun for a while.
It was such an event that the men had to join us for at least part of the time.
First day of school
Hyrum ready for his first day of 1st grade![]()
Annie ready for her first day of preschool![]()
The very next day was the first day of school! We stayed up too late the night before. It was a crazy time. Adam had to leave on a business trip that day, but that meant that he was able to come to Back to School morning with us, so that was nice. I was excited and still am excited about Hyrum’s teacher. She is a great teacher and great for him. Right after that Adam left for the airport. Then I went to a PTA meeting and straight to take Annie to preschool. We are lucky there, too. Annie has good teachers at a home close enough to walk to and has a lot of fun. She especially likes getting to see her best friend who no longer lives next door. Annie has come such a long way since a year ago in so many ways, but one in particular is that she is fine with me leaving her at preschool. She didn’t even want to be in a different room from me (except at home) a year ago. She still tells me some days that she likes being home with me and doesn’t want to go, but she always has fun and goes willingly when it is time.
No comments:
Post a Comment