Today I am thankful because...
It is a beautiful day! It is so warm! It feels more like May than November. The high is supposed to be 74 today. Wow! The kids and I have had some fun outside today and yesterday, raking up leaves and jumping into them and doing other exciting things like yard work (me) and getting good and dirty (the kids).
We had a really nice Young Women in Excellence activity last night. We had a really great speaker who was engaging and funny but also taught a very good, powerful message about making sure our decisions are leading us to our goal, which is eternal life. And almost all of the girls came and brought a project to share!
We got our "recycling bid" today as Hyrum calls it. He was so excited. He has been talking about recycling and getting excited to see recycling containers at other houses in the area lately. They have just started the program here and he couldn't wait until we got one, too. And its here and its blue (he's excited about the color, too). He was not in a very good mood this morning until I told him to look out the window and see what was sitting in front of our house. I am also excited to be able to do a little bit to limit our waste and help take care of this beautiful planet of ours in a small way.
Hopefully I will post about Halloween soon. Oh, one other thing I am thankful for: we are healthy. Hyrum had a little "incident" in primary on Sunday. He was sick to his stomach and we didn't know it. So sad. He had mentioned to me that his tummy hurt but I was in the middle of getting Annie down for a nap and by the time she was asleep, so was he. We had to wake them both up for church. And then at church he was amazingly quiet during Sacrament meeting and wouldn't talk much when I asked him about how he felt. Poor boy. He threw up a second time at home but he seemed fine by the next day. Then my tummy didn't feel so good for one day but luckily I was extra careful and was able to keep the little food that I ate down. I really hope no one else caught it from Hyrum! But I am grateful that it wasn't anything more serious or long lasting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment