CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kindergarten!

Hold on a minute!  How did we go from this...


 



 (I think you get the idea...)

To this?
 Yesterday Hyrum went to kindergarten orientation.  They had a theme of "swing into kindergarten" and all the kids got a monkey hat, a monkey cookie and a monkey picture to color.  I think he's going to have so much fun.  He's learned so much in the last 5 years, but he's always wanted to be around other people, especially other kids, so he'll love the social aspect of school, too.
 
I was surprised to notice that most of the other kids colored their monkeys brown.  I guess I thought rainbow monkeys would be the norm for 5-year-olds.  That's Hyrum's creative personality I guess.

He doesn't go to school everyday until next week so I'm not in shock yet!  It's going to be so different, but it will be good once we get over the shock and into the routine :)  I'm so glad to live in a good neighborhood with good schools. 

2 comments:

  1. Laura! Looks like Zack and Hyrum have the same teacher! Not at the same time though, otherwise I'm sure I would have seen you at orientation. Sigh...maybe next year. That would be so fun! Hopefully we get to see you at some of the programs and field trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow monkey! Hyrum is very creative, just like his mom!

    ReplyDelete