CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 5, 2011

First snow

I wrote this post quite a while ago and never posted it.  It is just a sort of journal entry about a day in early November.
Today we woke up to a fresh blanket of white. Adam told Annie she should look out the window.  I couldn't see her face because it was still dark, but she seemed to be smiling.  When Adam asked what she thought about it, she excitedly said, "There's snow everywhere!"  A minute later she hurried to the kids' bedroom saying, "I have to tell Hyrum about the snow."
Hyrum quickly rushed out of his room to the window saying, "I didn't think it was going to be the first day of snow today!"
This was cause for great excitement because Hyrum loves sledding.  As soon as breakfast was done and he was dressed, the kids went outside to try sledding in our front yard.  The snow was a little wet and not very deep, so not very good for sledding, but they had fun anyway.

Later Hyrum and I were discussing what he could eat for lunch. After turning down a few options I offered, he excitedly declared, "I know! FROZEN VEGGIES!"  Alright!  So I opened the freezer and pulled out the frozen mixed vegetables when Hyrum said, "No!"  I figured he must want a different mix, like the one with just peas and carrots.  "I want the one with lima beans!"

Also that day I gave Annie a long awaited, much needed haircut.  She had only had one up until then (when she was getting a serious baby-mullet) and I had wanted to take her to a professional, but I finally just evened out the back myself.   It had taken 3 1/2 years for her to get this much hair, which is still very fine and thin, so I have been quite reluctant to cut it and I didn't cut off very much.  I still have a hard time taming it, both because it is so fine and because she has cowlicks along the back of her head.  But at least it is even! (In the back)  And it still has a little bit of curl, too! Yay!
The pictures are of how long her hair was before the haircut. 

1 comment:

  1. I love how excited Hyrum was about lima beans! That is a sure sign of an amazing mom. :) And I love how you wrote about a specific morning and what the kids said. That will be so fun for you (and them) to read when they get older. :)

    ReplyDelete