

Our big boy is sick today. I don't know if I'm really grateful for that. But I am grateful for some of the side effects. Today after I put the little one down for her nap I told Hyrum to come with me. I wanted to make sure he would be quiet while Annie went to sleep and I figured that he could use a nap today, too. Plus he just wasn't feeling so great. So I got a blanket and sat on the rocking chair and cuddled with him. I sang him some songs (the first song he wanted is "I Love to See the Temple"), and I hugged him close when he told me about how his mouth hurt. I thought about how it would be to have someone cuddle you on their lap and wrap you in a blanket when you don't feel so good. And then I sang more songs and kept singing even after his eyes closed. And I wondered, how much longer will he let me cuddle with him? How much longer until he doesn't even fit on my lap? He is growing up so fast. It's been a while since I've cuddled like that with him for more than a couple of minutes. That is one nice side effect of being sick.
This picture is from almost two years ago. I'm surprised how much he still looks the same when he is asleep. So peaceful.
Reading this post makes me happy... and then sad. I think I probably miss Hyrum and Annie more than anything else while I'm at college--not being able to see them grow and learn like I used to.
ReplyDelete