CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

So many reasons to be grateful

Once again it has been too long, I know. But I wanted to write to say that I am happy. I have a sense of gratitude and contentment about life right now.

I was thinking about how blessed I am a few days ago, contemplating it as I went about my morning when I heard a quiet "splat." I turned around and looked at the carpet and sure enough there were little dirty wet spots. I searched for the source and quickly saw an area a few inches across where the ceiling was bulging and water was gathering for another drip. What a way to interrupt my happy contemplation. But in the end I was grateful. It motivated me to action and I was proud of myself for actually climbing into our attic for the first time (ever) since I figured I'd better not wait until Adam got home to find out what was going on. And I am grateful that as far as we can tell, there wasn't too much damage done. But at the time I was especially grateful that I overcame a certain fear (climbing into a dark, strange space far above the floor of the garage), and as usual, found out it really wasn't very scary. Not that I was terrified of it, but before I always just put off whatever needed to be done up there until Adam could do it.

I was grateful today because even though Hyrum woke up sick-- I assume with the same cold that the rest of the family has had in the last couple of weeks and that I thought he'd had a week before that-- I was still able to go to Sacrament meeting and help with my Primary class for the first 50 minutes. Adam had a meeting 45 minutes before church and is teaching his class right now and then will have another meeting after church. But he still hurried home and dressed Annie so that I could take her to church with me and get there a few minutes late (rather than really late). Then I was sitting on my chair way in the back during the sacrament and whispering to Annie about how Jesus loves her to keep her reverent and quiet, and her adorable just turned two-years-old voice said, "I love him, too! I love Jesus." And so my heart was brimming with joy and motherly-pride, and I was looking around to see if anyone else heard her proclamation.

And on top of that my co-teacher was very gracious and forgiving about the fact that I hadn't found someone else to help with our class of seven four-year-old girls, all of whom came today (plus Hyrum, except he didn't come).

Now an update: Adam came home from church earlier than expected, as the meeting was canceled, and made a special, homemade tomato sauce on tortellini for lunch. Then we sang Spanish hymns together while Hyrum took an exceptionally long, self-imposed nap. And we enjoyed a beautiful afternoon and evening on one of those rare days when the weather is really just perfect. So many reasons to be grateful.


2 comments:

  1. The little things do go unappreciated sometimes, but they really are the best, aren't they?! Thanks for starting my morning off happily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My notifier that says when you post is apparently broken so I just saw your post. I loved reading about what Annie said in church! They are both so adorable!

    ReplyDelete