CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Learning from Emma

Last night we watched Emma Smith: My story. There is so much to learn from her story. Thinking of her life and the lives of so many early members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I saw so many reasons to be grateful. It makes me grateful for so many changes that have made life so much more comfortable and for sacrifices they made so that we could have blessings today, especially the gospel and the Book of Mormon.
The movie left me feeling more grateful for my husband, especially that he doesn't have to leave me for weeks and months at a time and that I don't regularly fear for his safety or that of our family. And I am grateful for advances in medical knowledge and practices as well as standards of living that have made loosing a child so much less likely. I am grateful to have two healthy children. Thinking of her story helps me remember to appreciate and enjoy my moments with them.
Comparing her life with mine, I feel humbled by the trials that she faced. Her trials make most of mine seem trivial. I am reminded to focus on my blessings instead of my challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment