I had an epiphany today. I've been pondering creating a new blog for who knows how long. And I finally decided what I want the new blog to be: simply a record of my blessings. A place to write down things I am grateful for, not to write about my problems or to wonder and worry about what people are thinking when they read what I wrote. Ultimately, this blog is mostly for me and for those around me, to help me be more focused on the positive and therefore, happier and more pleasant to be around.
Some posts will be a simple statement of something I am grateful for, some will be my thoughts about why I am grateful and some I intend to be moments that made me happy that I would like to remember (and don't mind sharing). This is the other dilemma: whether to make this a public or private blog. I think I will try to avoid sharing information I don't want everyone out there to know such as names and places. So sorry if you find that annoying but I think it is worth the extra effort. I've also thought about how a lot of things worth writing belong in a family journal or scrapbook instead of on the internet for the world to see. Part of the challenge is deciding which belong where. We'll see how that goes here. That should be easier now since I have a specific goal or theme for this blog.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment