CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Adorable Annie

Annie is in the very fun stage of being somewhere between a baby and a little girl. Sometimes she seems almost one or the other, but she is getting ever closer to being a little girl and not a baby.
Our schedule at church changed with the new year from late afternoon to morning. I thought it would be good all around since we wouldn't have to interrupt Annie's nap. But instead I found out that she is a whole different child in the morning when she is full of energy. She doesn't sit subdued on my lap and cuddle with me, pouting for half the meeting while she struggles to wake up. Instead she acts like I would expect a toddler to and has much more energy than can quietly be released without disrupting the meeting. Before she didn't want to be left in nursery and we figured that the time change would help with that. Well, this Sunday she asked after about five minutes and several more times, especially when there was a transition in the meeting, "Go nursery now?" "Time nursery?" She was so anxious to get to nursery that during the closing prayer she started trying to get the prayer to end by saying "Amen... Amen... Amen!" And after the prayer ended she started running up the aisle without checking to see if we were following her.
Also during the meeting, Hyrum asked to go get a drink. I reluctantly told him he could get one if he would fold his arms and be reverent while he walked out of the room. Annie was watching and when he got back she went to the edge of our bench and said, "I go get dwink now, okay?" in her sweet little voice. She kept asking and trying to walk up the aisle-- though not running off without regard to my response like a lot of toddlers would do-- until I pulled her back on the bench, which she wasn't very happy about.
She has some hard moments, but she is so adorable! And yes, as her mom, right now I think she is the cutest thing ever. I'm pretty sure I thought the same thing about Hyrum when he was this age. They're just so cute at this age!

Annie gives really sweet hugs, too!

2 comments:

  1. She gets more beautiful every time I see her. I can't believe how big she is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie's eyes are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete